Tuesday 27 March 2012

La Belle and BurlyQ

Another weekend, another jaunt half way around the country!

On Thursday I was back down in London, on a beautiful Spring day for the penultimate 'Bete Noire' show at Madame Jojo's in Soho.
Madame Jojo's, Soho

I was performing in the early show 'La Belle' alongside the wonderful Abi Collins, Javier the Card Ninja and Dee Riley (we did our 'All That Jazz' double act, which was great fun!) Both the early show and 'La Bete' the late show were hosted by Ophelia Bitz who I was excited to meet having heard so much about her! The show was stage-managed by The Late Night Shop Cabaret who also performed at the late show - and I actually got to stay and watch for once, which was fabulous!

Backstage with Apple Tart, British Heart, Dee Riley and Ophelia Bitz

Apple Tart and Allota Bounce of The Late Night Shop


On Friday I was back again at the beautiful Proud Cabaret in the City - the show was hosted by my High Tease partner-in-crime Dolores Delight, and since we hadn't seen each other since Christmas, we definitely had a lot to catch up on!

Dolores Delight backstage

Also performing on Friday night was another of my favourite cabaret performers, Mat Ricardo, along with the beautiful Missy Fatale and Ruby Luscious, visiting from Stockholm!  - I adore performing at Proud as the staff and management team all get into the spirit of the night so the whole night feels like a step back in time to a decadent Speakeasy or Weimar cabaret!

On Saturday I journeyed back North-wards for another of my favourite shows: BurlyQ in Sheffield:

BurlyQ cake!

The show always sells out, and the audience raised the roof! They were treated to a stunning line-up: including Red Sarah debuting her unique 'Betty Boob' act, and Fred Bear performing his signature 'Flashdance' which almost brought the house down! I was also excited to meet Dinah Might (who is so beautiful I couldn't speak for a while!) and the hysterical Kiki Lovechild, whose 'Jessica Blue' act had me in stitches! As if that wasn't enough, Mr. B was headlining the night, and he gave me a copy of his new CD 'The Tweed Album' !!
With Dinah Might, Mr. B and *so* much luggage!

After a hectic weekend, I took advantage of the beautiful weather to visit friends and family in Chester: the best way to revive is with an ice-cream and a stroll through Grosvenor Park and onto the River Dee... followed of course by a lovely meal and a couple of drinks as the sun sets!

Sunset over Chester meadows - Town Hall and Cathedral in the distance


No comments:

Post a Comment