Sunday 14 July 2013

Heat Wave

Well this has been a glorious week! I have been loving this beautiful weather we're having!

A couple of sweltering performances this week: a private party in Surrey and two shows at two of my favourite venues - Proud City and Volupte Lounge!

I actually really like this picture! With Bettsie Bon Bon

The crowd was quite small but absolutely wonderful - helped by a dozen of the staff from Proud Camden rocking up for a party! 


 
Mirror Pictures! With Abi Collins ** With Bettsie Bon Bon

After a couple of sweltering days I took myself off to Volupte Lounge for their Saturday afternoon Voluptease - again the audience was small but perfectly formed and gave all the performers such a wonderful reception.

Mirror Picture! With Kiki Kaboom and Jolie Papillon

My favourite point of the day was the fact that I was singing, not dancing, so I didn't have to worry about corsets, gloves, boas or pasties! Woop!

Drinking white wine in the sun...

In the evening I was lucky enough to have been given tickets to the ballet! Myself and a couple of friends went to the gorgeous London Coliseum to watch the Moscow Stanislavsky Ballet perform Coppelia: I can't say it was the best production I've ever seen - while I can't fault the incredibly high standard of dancing, and the solos and duets were incredible, I thought there were some very odd, poor choices of choreography for the corps and company scenes. I didn't particularly like some of the costume choices, although the sets were wonderfully epic. The story has been slightly changed and a lot of cuts made to turn the three act ballet into two acts which makes parts of it seem slightly rushed - however, it was a lovely way to pass an evening!

 
Coppelia at the London Coliseum

No comments:

Post a Comment